Saturday, October 9, 2010

Home Study #1 Down

We had our first Home Study visit today and it went well.  I was a little nervous but thankfully she came over at 10:30 so I didn't have much time to be nervous this morning.  Most everyone knows I like to get my sleep. :)  Our social worker, Vickie, was very friendly and made the meeting go smoothly.  Even Lupe behaved. :)  We basically had to answer questions about why we wanted to adopt and from Ethiopia, how we would communicate to others and our child about their adoption, and other issues related to the process.  The meeting ended with a tour of our home.
Until now we had only had email contact with our agency, so actually meeting someone in person made it feel a little more real.  I have a feeling this is going to make me more excited and unfortunately less patient with the whole process, but I hope not.  We have our next meeting already this Thursday evening, so we are hopeful that we can get through the Home Study process pretty quickly!
Look for an update at the end of the week!

3 comments:

  1. Yay yay yay!!!! So exciting!!! I am even more excited that you have your next appt. this week. I am telling you... our DTE's are going to be pretty close together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so. We do have to get our pool fenced, which we want to do anyway, but thankfully it doesn't have to be done before the Home Study is approved. Thanks for posting comments! :) I liked your pumpkin pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Janna and Jason! I am very excited for you both. You will definitely be awesome parents. I love you very much!!

    ReplyDelete