Thursday, October 14, 2010

#2 and #3 Down!!

Today we had our second home study meeting at Cracker Barrel.  The meeting went good (as far as I know) and I am very thankful for Jason as he answered all of the hard questions.  Each meeting is making me realize there's a lot about parenting that I have no idea how I will handle!  I guess we'll have to figure it out as we go!  As a nice addition to the meeting Jason had his individual meeting following dinner.  I've tried to get him to tell me the hard questions so I can be better prepared, but he won't spill them.  My individual meeting (and our final meeting) is on Tuesday after work, so I hope that I can get something out of him before then.  I'm sure it'll be ok though.  So considering that our last meeting goes as scheduled, we will have all of our home study meetings wrapped up in a record 11 days!  After that I think it will take about a month to get our final Home Study report back.  On a related note, some good friends of ours are in Russia this week meeting their son for the first time.  We are so excited for them and I can't imagine when it will actually be our turn.  Unfortuntely you can't bring your child home with you on the first trip anymore.  Our friends in Russia have to make three visits and get to bring their son home on the last trip and we will have to make two total visits.

2 comments:

  1. That is crazy record timing!!! Woo Hoo!!! :-)
    Kudos to Jason for not spilling the beans. You will do just fine. Ahhh you are getting so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, we are all so excited for you guys! You are both going to be fantastic parents :+)
    What an exciting time . . . thank you for allowing us to follow this wonderful journey!
    Praying that the process would be a smooth one,
    Nancy, Mark & Liam

    ReplyDelete