Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Final Home Study Complete!

Last night I had my individual home study and all of our meetings are now completed.  I am very happy about how quickly they went.  Our social worker said that she should get the draft to us this week to look over and approve and then it would probably take a month to get the final report back to us (it has to go on to another two or so people to be approved before we are sent the final report).  I have added a timeline down the right hand side of the main page so you can see what all we have left to complete before the anticipated travel.  It sure seems like we should have a lot more steps completed by now, but it takes a long time to collect all of the needed paperwork.  Thankfully the paperwork portion is almost complete and I only have a few more things to get notarized.
On a side note, Jason and I will be back in Iowa on Oct 30 to go to an Iowa football game...and currently as I type, he is outside of the Phillies vs Giants game trying to scalp tickets. :)  I hope he gets in so he can have some fun time before he flys to Houston tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I will call you later so that you can tell me all about it!

    Iowa... Oct 30?!? So close, yet so far away! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! That is so exciting! I love hearing about everything...thanks for keeping me updated! Love you!

    ReplyDelete