Friday, February 11, 2011

Fingerprints are done!!

Well, today was our Biometrics appt at the USCIS (US Citizenship and Immigration Services).  I am happy to have it over with as a few people have said to be careful that you don't get any cuts on your fingers beforehand...otherwise you might have to reschedule.  Jason did burn his finger last night, so there was a second where I was a little worried, but it wasn't bad and we got thru today with flying colors!  There always has to be a little drama I guess! :)  So now we are just waiting to get a form mailed back to us.  As soon as I have that form all of our paperwork and a few copies will be mailed off and we will be on the official 'waiting' list.  I will be so excited to get all of this paperwork out of my hands!
Also last weekend I went to a Christian Adoption conference in Atlanta with my friend Cindy.  There were around 250 mothers or mothers to-be there from around the US and I would say the majority of them did/were adopting from Ethiopia!  I learned a few things and it was nice to make some more friends with adoptive moms.

1 comment:

  1. Janna,
    Congrats on being done on the fingerprints. It won't be long now and how nice it will be to be done with all the paperchasing. That was a huge relief for us. I probably wasn't the best person to ask about the time to receive the 171H. Our's took exceptionally long (2 months). Most people got their's back much sooner than that (I think a couple of weeks). We had changed country's before we had our prints done and sent in an amended h.s. 1 month after our appt. I suspect that might have had something to do with our wait. I will pray for a speedy turnaround for you. I also wanted to let you guys know that the st. pete market has a couple of booths with Ethiopian things. No Name Java had 3 diff kinds of Ethiopian coffee and there was a booth serving Ethiopian food. They told me they are there every week.

    Anna Baker

    ReplyDelete