Friday, August 5, 2011

My Favorite Skype So Far

I'm pasting in my email to some family and friends from my skype with Jason two nights ago.  It's really more for my own memory than anything else. :)

I could hear kids in the background singing (it was 6am there).  Jason’s group is staying at an orphanage for the next two days.  When they were done with their morning prayers/singing they came and sat by Jason so I could see all the girls faces.  So pretty.  I felt pretty popular but I know it was just the Ipad they were amazed by.  J  Jason asked them what they were singing and they all started to sing ‘ Jesus Loves Me’.  Wow…it was awesome.  They were all smiling, I thought only a few were there, but when I asked them their names it was around 10.  They just crowded around Jason and looked at me on the screen. J  They spoke pretty good English which amazes me.  They have a dog at the orphanage, Jason said it was Lupe’s African cousin…apparently they look similar.  Jason told them we had a dog named Lupe…and they all started giggling.  J  And then when Jason and I would say ‘I love you’, they would chime in with ‘so much’ after.  Ahhh, broke my heart.  It was hard to go to sleep after that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment